Black Stage View in MA3D

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello

Yesterday I had no problem with MA3D, but today it is not working. I only see in the Stage View tab a black screen. No fixtures, no light, nothing.

The dot2 and MA3D are in the same session, and I can join the 3D, and it loads the fixtures, and if I select fixtures in the 3D object tab, it selects them in dot2 too, but every camara angle is black, no 2D view.

I tried to join the dot2 and 3D in a new session, but it did not help. I changed the interface, but this did not help.

I reinstalled both pieces of software and still have no Stage View.

If the MA3D is not in a session I see the 3D objects.

I found this error log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---

Stacktrace:

at MALighting.GrandMA3D.GrandMA3DRoot.RunWhileIdle()

at MALighting.GrandMA3D.FGrandMA3D.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at MALighting.GrandMA3D.Program.Main()

---

Edited once, last by Chris20030917 (November 24, 2023 at 1:58 PM).

• Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion, no it is not late. Furtunately somehow, I got it to work. I have no idea how, but after two or three reinstallations, it started to work again.

On my laptop, where I had this issue, I have only one GPU, which is integrated, so it's kinda slow for 3D, but it gets the job done for me. I have no clue what caused my problem.

Thank you for your time!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!