if else lua in macro

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • hy

i try to do a little macro for exemple running sequence 1 if $bt_1=1

$bt_1 is equal to 1 when macro 1 is pressing a first time and 0 when pressing a second time like a toggle (juste for exemple)

i try in commandline

Lua "if $gp1_bt==1 then CmdIndirect('go sequence 1') end"

but its doesnt work

what syntax can i use for using macro variable with lua command?

thank you very much

have a good day

light is live ^^

• Lua "if "$gp1_bt"==1 then CmdIndirect('go sequence 1') end"

Would there be a way to do this without LUA?

Like on MA2 you could compare the value of a variable in the commandline?
    [$test==0] off executor x.y
    [$test==1] go executor x.y

Reason for asking is that my understanding of LUA is practical zero, and i would like to keep things as simple as possible

Kind regards,

Mark van der Meulen

Edited once, last by MarkvanderMeulen (October 30, 2023 at 9:06 PM).

• how does $test in your example actually get the values 0 and 1 respectively ?

the simple approach would be to rather name the variable e.g. $action, and give it the values "Off" or "Go" instead of 0 or 1, and use the single line syntax

$action executor x.y

• how does $test in your example actually get the values 0 and 1 respectively ?

In this case i would use:

SetUserVariable "test" (give input 0 or 1)

Or SetUserVar $test= (give input 0 or 1) in MA2

Which gives a popup asking for an input

The idea is to turn off an executor with a button press but with an option to cancel this action, so i press the macro which asks to give a value, when pressing a 0 the executor is switched off when pressing a 1 another executor is giving a go+. When giving any other number nothing is happening

In MA2 we had the option to create a list of actions based on the value of a variable, i'am looking for the same option in MA3 avoiding the use of LUA

The options you gave with a text in the variable seems logic but takes to much time in a busking show, thats why i would like to use a single number

Kind regards,

Mark van der Meulen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!