GDTF CTO channel interpretation in 3D visualisation, colorpicker inconsistency

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello and good day to everyone.

There is a problem with Color Temperature interpretation in 3Dviz environment using GDTF libraries. Tested with Robe fixtures (Spiider, DL4, T2 on my own experience).

When using RGB mixing mode with mentioned fixtures, color in 3D is blue, despite the fact, that I'm using CTO channel and real output of the fixture is white of some temperature. There is also mismatch in colorpicker. Default white is shifted to blue area in colorpicker and so on, so it does not match reality. CMY mode works just fine. See attached picture.

Any chance to fix this?

• I struggled with this some time ago with Robe DL7F Washes. Got a new library from Robe service and it¨s in the gdtf share. Came to the conclusion that the emitters in those fixture profiles don't play well with the color picker for some reason.

For DL4S I got robe to update their library but there are still issue with the color picker.

As I said I think the problem lies in the "real world measurements" for the colors and that causes the color picker to work bit wonky... Did not spent anymore time on this because we are goin to get rid off these fixture in a years time.

• Which mode is the color picker in? It is possible to change it between several modes and one of them, which appears to be the default, was doing the same for me.

Doesn't matter which colorpicker mode. There is just something wrong and you can see it in 3D.

I struggled with this some time ago with Robe DL7F Washes. Got a new library from Robe service and it¨s in the gdtf share. Came to the conclusion that the emitters in those fixture profiles don't play well with the color picker for some reason.

For DL4S I got robe to update their library but there are still issue with the color picker.

As I said I think the problem lies in the "real world measurements" for the colors and that causes the color picker to work bit wonky... Did not spent anymore time on this because we are goin to get rid off these fixture in a years time.

Yeah, emitters don't play well for fixtures in RGB mode, but for CMY it works flawlessly. It might be a solution for you, because DL4 and DL7 have native CMY color mixing. Run fixtures in CMY, pick one of CMY modes from library and you should be fine. Our rig is almost Robe only, a half of these fixtures doesn't have native CMY mix, so I would like to have this fixed.

• Yes will change the modes when have we have no running shows. I suggest that you reach out to your local distributor with this issue ao they can get in touch with tech support directly. I would also like to know the reason for fixtures behaving this way.

• Yes will change the modes when have we have no running shows. I suggest that you reach out to your local distributor with this issue ao they can get in touch with tech support directly. I would also like to know the reason for fixtures behaving this way.

I am in contact with Robe GDTF support and they are very comunicative and trying to help. They say the ball is on MA side now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!