multiple variables into a command of a cue via a macro

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello, I am looking for a way to write multiple variables into a command of a cue via a macro. However, I have problems to use the quote marks correctly.

the macro should be for writing fadermaster as fast as possible into the command of a cue.

i have tried several variations, but unfortunately none of them work properly. does anyone have a solution for me?

thanks

• thank you!

I have two more questions about syntax:

- is there a possibility to use "thru" or "+" for a variable?

for example, if i want to assign an appearance to several different cues via a macro. if i enter "x thru y" or "x + y" in the pop-up, it will only be executed for the first number.

- Is it possible to add a text to an already existing cue name via a command? not replace but merge?

to explain it more precisely: in my work at the theater, cues are often controlled afterwards via midi. Then i always assign them a red appearance and write in front of the already existing cue name: "MIDI --- cue name". so the name should not be replaced but only the "MIDI---" should be added. Is it possible to build a macro for this?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• - is there a possibility to use "thru" or "+" for a variable?

for example, if i want to assign an appearance to several different cues via a macro. if i enter "x thru y" or "x + y" in the pop-up, it will only be executed for the first number.

When defining the variable, put quotes inside the popup so that the entire string is used for the variable definition: SetUserVariable "range" ("range?")

- Is it possible to add a text to an already existing cue name via a command? not replace but merge?

to explain it more precisely: in my work at the theater, cues are often controlled afterwards via midi. Then i always assign them a red appearance and write in front of the already existing cue name: "MIDI --- cue name". so the name should not be replaced but only the "MIDI---" should be added. Is it possible to build a macro for this?

In the current version you would have to use Lua to grab the current name and then add to it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!