Any way to assign Dimmer to a Fader to control selected fixture?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi!! Ive been using dot2onPC for a while now but i came a cross a limitation im not sure how to do...

I want to assign the Dimmer value and others i.e. RGBW raw values, into a separate fader.

But the thing is I want it to only affect at selected fixtures.

For example. If I select all the fixture, set the dimmer value to 100 then store it in a fader, that fader will affect all the fixtures' dimmer value. I want to use the fader as a dimmer. So i can select a couple of fixture, and turn up the dimmer and it only affects those selected fixtures value.

Any way to do this?
    I've seen that you can use command "Assign ExecButton1 At "Dimmer" or something like that but it doesnt work.

||

• I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

If you want to save a separate dimmer value for several devices - select those devices, and you can control them from the programmer live.

You can also set the maximum dimmer value and save it to a fader.

And there's one more way of control - you create a new group of devices you want to control - you select the group - then select STORE, then GROUP, and choose the Executor where it should save the Group master.

• I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

If you want to save a separate dimmer value for several devices - select those devices, and you can control them from the programmer live.

You can also set the maximum dimmer value and save it to a fader.

And there's one more way of control - you create a new group of devices you want to control - you select the group - then select STORE, then GROUP, and choose the Executor where it should save the Group master.

"- select those devices, and you can control them from the programmer live" That is exactly what I DON'T want to do, I wanna do it with a Exec. Fader instead.

i want to have the same usage from the dimmer in the programmer, in a fader. mostly because Im using a midi as remote control, and I want to be able to select a couple of fixtures and turn up the dimmer only for those fixtures, instead of just having a fader for each fixture

• can't you just make two faders for two groups of fixtures =- is there three?

Yes but, what if I want to select each individual fixture and give it a different dimmer value using a fader from the MIDI controller... Thats why im asking if there is any macro or command I can use, because if I just put a command in a cue like "At Preset 1.1" and that preset is at 100% dimmer, it will only go to 100% when I slide up that fader... and I want it to be able to control different fixtures' dimmer value.

• I don't know if there is such a possibility when it comes to this dimmer for selected fixtures
    As for MW, I have no idea - I've never used it from the command line...

Thank you! I will keep digging out for an answer. There are a lot of things from DOT2 that are not specified on the manual

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!