Editing Properties via Command Line

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi All,

Working on editing some fixture profiles and was hoping to deal with editing some stuff via the cmd line.

In Series 2, you could do the following to edit the value of the field named "Color" for the first line of an object like this:

Assign 1 /Color="Blue"

And the value for the Color field in line one would now be 'Blue'

In Series 3, when I try to do this, I keep getting an illegal object error. The only thing I've found that it works for is Name fields using the label command. Has the syntax of this functionality changed in Series 3? Not implemented? Deprecated?

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,

-gonda

• MA2 = Assign Object /property1name=property1value /property2name=property2value ...

MA3 = Set Object Property "Property1Name" "Property1Value" "Property2Name" "Property2Value" ...

In most cases the 'Property' keyword can be omitted, but there are some times where it must be included. For example:

• Set Sequence Property "OffWhenOverridden" "No"
      • This will act on the currently-selected sequence. If you didn't include the 'property' keyword it would try to act on the sequence named "OffWhenOverridden"
    • Set Cue Property "Appearance" ""
      • This will remove the Appearance (i.e. set the Appearance property to Empty) of the currently running cue of the currently-selected sequence. If you didn't include the 'property' keyword it would try to act on the cue named "Appearance" in the currently-selected sequence.

[EDIT:] N.B. property values are case sensitive (i.e. 'Yes' or 'No' are correct ; 'yes' or 'no' won't work)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!