Update: I've added a "favourites" functionality to the color picker. On the left side of the layout you'll now see 16 slots to store CP favourite color configurations. To save a favourite configuration, select all the colors you want, tap the "Store favourite CP1 state" macro, tap one of the favourites and you're done.
Here is Color Picker Generator plugin I made for gMA3.
It generates color picker layout for selected groups and presets, same as in the Start Show.
How to use:
Run the plugin, enter ID's of Groups you want to use (one by one or SINGLE range), choose if you want to generate universal Color Presets or use existing Universal Presets, enter Preset ID's (one by one or SINGLE range), or number for the first Preset to be generated, enter first ID's for Sequences, Appearances, Macros objects etc -> done.
The general idea, except generating the color picker itself, was to make it as safe as possible for the show, so any user input should not destroy or change anything in the show. This is why I've implemented some checks:
- All entry popups for the objects, except Groups and Presets, have a suggested number - number for the first pool object, which has enough space after it for the objects to be generated. In addition, if the operator doesn't want to use the suggested number, his entry is also checked.
- Entries for the Groups are also checked - you can't use the Group you've already used and you can't select an empty Group pool object.
Similar for Presets - you can't use already used Preset and you can't use non-universal Preset.
- I've also implemented a naming prefix generator function, so all color pickers (and its objects) generated by this plugin, would have unique naming. Default naming prefix for the objects now is "CP1_", "CP2_", "CP3_"... The rule is simple - when this function finds an object in the show, starting with "CP1_", the prefix becomes "CP2_" etc...
Also the "Delete ALL" macro is generated. This macro is made to delete everything that was generated by the plugin. It has a confirmation popup.
- At the moment this plugin works with 184.108.40.206 or higher.
- Plugin, if used several times, will generate some redundant objects, which won't affect the functionality for already generated color pickers, but can be a bit annoying.
Feel free to use/share.