BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello to all,

I was wondering if any of you had managed to make a dialog of this type? Is it possible? I'm looking for examples in the ui.xml, nothing comes out. The idea of this dialog would be twofold:

1 - Display a preset selector

2 - Display a group of buttons with an appearance applied to each of them.

I saw this discussion but nothing helped me about button and preset.

• I am quite certain this is not (practically) possible in a user-created dialog.

the graphical rendering of a poolbutton (e.g. appearance or gobopreset) is not determined by properties of that actual ui-element, but from properties of recursive ui parents, (pooltype), which again reference userprofile data (pool options)

• if you merely want to make something where you can

1. press a button

2. select a preset and an apperance (for that preset)

Then here's one simple approach:

ScreenConfig 2

open a preset pool on one half of the screen and an apperance pool on the other half

ScreenConfig 1

then create a macro:

ScreenConfig 2

Assign [execute=No]

ScreenConfig 1

calling that macro will give you a dialog (screen) where you can select preset and apperance, then return back to where you were.

• Thank you both for these two approaches but it will not help me in my case.

The idea was to propose a dialog allowing me to select a preset from the displayed list and then store it in a recipe of a defined sequence.

The usage would have been as follows:

- in a layout view, we have a button named color FX which opens a dialog.

- This dialog proposes the presets of the parameterized color pool (example: AllIn1, predefined phasers imported).

- when I click on it, I assign it to my sequence and aunch it. This would avoid me to have both a layout view with a color picker and, next to it, 40 Fx button.

That being said, I'm new to the light operator game so maybe there's another approach so that, in live mode, I can quickly assign a preset to a sequence and then trigger it ?

• you could use the same workflow for your scenario.

consider screenconfig 2 (combined with a view call) as your dialog, then collect the action within that dialog, then do whatever you want with that collection:

e.g Macro "ColorFX"

ScreenConfig 2

View "myViewShowingColorFXpool"

Collect [execute = No]

ScreenConfig 1

Assign Collection At Sequence "mydefinedseq" Cue "mydefinedcue" Part 0.1

Go+ Sequence "mydefinedseq"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!