Do Universal Presets actually store any selection or fixture (type) data?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi folks! Just to confirm my understanding: I'm building a set of color, position and dimmer presets as sort of templates. So I store them as Universal.

When building those, it doesn't matter which fixture (type) I use and how many I have selected while building, since Universal presets do not store this information, correct?

• Universal Prestes make sense only in use of Dimmer Values....Positions should all time be selective (f.e. if you have a Fan....each Fixture has its own position. another point is, each fixture has a different range and if its universal...what would the range be?) Colors should be global to have the chance to use positions of a color wheel as well in that preset, further, a universal Color Preset only contain RGB but no RGBW or whatever other color information.

• Universal Prestes make sense only in use of Dimmer Values....Positions should all time be selective (f.e. if you have a Fan....each Fixture has its own position. another point is, each fixture has a different range and if its universal...what would the range be?) Colors should be global to have the chance to use positions of a color wheel as well in that preset, further, a universal Color Preset only contain RGB but no RGBW or whatever other color information.

Just saying that universal color presets have rgbw and other colours if you make them with a fixture that has them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!