Customizing the Encoder Bar?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I found this video from the MA booth at a trade fair.

At approx. 1:50 the presenter customizes the Encoder Bar (removes the Control Feature Group) and also talks about how the Dual Encoders could be assigned, e.g. to have Dimmer, Pan and Tilt on Encoders 1, 2 and 3 next to each other. Is this available?

Or were those pre-release ideas which never made it into the software?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the video is 4 years old....many things has changed....for me to delete a attribute definition makes absolute no sense.

I completely agree. But from the video I didn't get the impression that the presenter was actually talking about changing Attribute Definitions at all. I think what he was talking about was a way to customize the arrangement of Encoders. Similar to how we are able to customize views and almost every other aspect of grandMAs User Interface.

It always struck me as odd that we're able to configure the color of every single knob on the console, but aren't able to change the order and grouping of Dual Encoders. For example, I'd love to have Dim, Color, P, T next to each other without having to switch Feature Groups.

From the video, I think that's actually what MA was planning but might have dropped or lowered in terms of priority.

• Thanks for the clarification. I'd love to see an abstraction between Fixture Types / Attribute Definitions and Encoder Bar configuration. Having the Encoder Bar linearly following the Fixture Types puts a lot of responsibility to the providers of those definitions. I recently had moving lights, where the Color Wheel was in Color.1 but the Speed in Control.3...

Having the ability to define Encoder Bar layouts would be fantastic!

• I recently had moving lights, where the Color Wheel was in Color.1 but the Speed in Control.3...

MotorSpeed for all attributes is pretty much always under the Control channel anyway. Unless you're talking about some other type of speed control.

I'd love to see an abstraction between Fixture Types / Attribute Definitions and Encoder Bar configuration. [...] Having the ability to define Encoder Bar layouts would be fantastic!

Yep, that's the plan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!