Hey all, this is directed at the moderators, but would like to hear others opinions on this:
After reading Ryan Kanarek's 'What's taking so long?..." thread and much of the back and forth on this forum regarding implementation of new features over the 4+ years the MA3 software has been available to the public, I question why MA is so secretive about new potential features and development. I'm not asking that we get a 1-for-1 calendar of what is to come and when, but would it be that detrimental to the community / software if we knew approximately what features we can hope for in the future? Even broad strokes of such.
I think many, myself included, are excited to be building our core showfiles in MA3 while discovering all the new and time saving features that are already implemented - but there are still so many quality of life features that require LUA workarounds and MA2 functions that I've personally rely on without knowing if I need to think about redistributing my dependency on those features or not.
Anyways, I appreciate the work ya'll have done so far and understand the software is a slow evolving organism - just looking for a little light to help guide me through the transition.
And here's some wild speculation as to what I've found collected from various sources:
- Tracking shield (Mod's MA Forum Post)
- Finite loops in phasers (MA Forum Post)
- Single digit shortcut for programmer values (MA Forum Post)
- User-customizable attribute-encoder page arrangement (MA Forum Post)
- Extracting hard values from fixture to fixture (MA Forum Post)
- ASCII import functions (MA Forum Post)
- Deactivate calculator function (Mod's MA Forum Post)
- Agenda (Implemented v1.5!)
- Gels in patch (MA3 Manual)
- Channel pages (Asked for, MA Forum Post)
- Command line multiplication (MA3 Manual "*" page references it, but maybe is just calling it by it's alternate symbol name)
- Conditionals (Assumed, lots of posts asking for it)
- Bitmap or some sort of pixel mapping (Mod's MA Forum Post)
Confirmed Not Happening
- Rotary encoder button presses assignable