Colorpicker values vs encoder values

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Could someone explain how the relation is between the values shown in the colorpicker and the values in the encoderbar/fixturesheet/dmxoutput?

When using a generic RGB fixture in the programmer, i set the value for red to 100% in the colorpicker it shows red at 100% but also green at 23.3% and blue at 10.5% Fixturesheet shows red at 100% but green and blue at 0 same goes for the dmx output and encoder bar. When setting red and green at 100% by the encoders the colorpicker shows red at 66.8% green at 100% and blue at 31.6%. While the fixturesheet shows the correct values.

Running GMA3 Light software version 1.8.8.2

• In addition to this: when creating a universal RGB preset, patch a RGBWAUV fixture gives completly different values in the programmer for the RGBWAUV fixture when using the presets made for the RGB fixture, and suddenly there are values for white, amber and UV in those presets.

Any idea?

Kind regards,

Mark van der Meulen

• Could someone explain how the relation is between the values shown in the colorpicker and the values in the encoderbar/fixturesheet/dmxoutput?

if you want a 1:1 relation, set the colorpicker to use the colorspace of the fixturetype

(top-right button in colorpicker)

if you change the colorpicker from Fader to CIE, you can easily see how the different colorspaces map the RGB triangle, and thereby the values in the colorpicker's Fader mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_space
    https://help2.malighting.com/P…rate_color_picker/en/1.8/

• Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply, i understand the concept of colorspace, however i do not understand why a generic RGB fixture can not reproduce just a pure red in the colorpicker fadersection, those faders should basicly represent the three channels of that fixture, so why are the values of the faders different than the values in the encoder bar and fixture sheet set to the same readout?

Kind regards,

Mark van der Meulen