on pc 1.8.8.2 does not find .xml and xmlp but .gdtf files in F:\grandMA3\gma3_library\fixturetypes on a USB stick

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • zangetsu November 22, 2022 at 1:40 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “on pc 1.8.8.2 does not find .xml .and xmlp but .gdtf files in F:\grandMA3\gma3_library\fixturetypes on a USB stick” to “on pc 1.8.8.2 does not find .xml and xmlp but .gdtf files in F:\grandMA3\gma3_library\fixturetypes on a USB stick”.
  • anyone else has got this problem? i tried 2 freshly FAT32 formated USB sticks, but everytime I download a MA2 fixture type from MA fixture share and try to open F:\grandMA3\gma3_library\fixturetypes in MA3 on PC, the files do not show up. but when I import the same files into MA2 it works fine...

• You cannot import grandMA2 fixture types directly into grandMA3.

Please follow these steps:

1. Import the grandMA2 fixture types into a grandMA2 show.
    2. Save the grandMa2 show as grandMA3 show.
    3. Load the converted show in grandMA3
    4. Export the (now to grandMA3) converted fixture types, or use them directly in the converted.
      1. When you exported this fixture types, then you can import them to other grandMA3 shows.
  • thank you very much, didn't know that, because i thought when there are ma2 fixture types in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\MALightingTechnology\gma3_1.8.8\shared\lib_fixture_types\grandma2, it's also possible to just import it and it can be found/used in ma3...can someone explain please? Ryan Kanarek

• thank you very much, didn't know that, because i thought when there are ma2 fixture types in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\MALightingTechnology\gma3_1.8.8\shared\lib_fixture_types\grandma2, it's also possible to just import it and it can be found/used in ma3...can someone explain please? Ryan Kanarek

These fixture types are already converted from grandMA2 to grandMA3.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!