shuffle / random dimmer phaser

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello, my dears

can you tell me how to create a real random pattern with a sequence-recipe? i want to create a random dimmer phaser but when i use xshuffle it is always the same pattern and xshift has no visible effect.

Thank you

• I believe Paul is referring to the selection order changing within the phaser. Yes shuffle changes the selection although it remains the same for the phaser (not random).

I'm also looking for a way for the the XShuffle/YShuffle/ZShuffle seed to change during the phaser running.

• "I believe Paul is referring to the selection order changing within the phaser. Yes shuffle changes the selection although it remains the same for the phaser (not random)."

Yes indeed.

I want to create template show with sequence based on recipes. For that I put a dimmer phaser (0%/100%, rectangle form) in the recipe, gave them a phase (0-360 or whatever) and now I want them in a shuffled order. but the pattern is always the same and i want it to change the order/pattern.

• Phasers are not random, they are very predictable. What makes the random effect is if you use it on a shuffled group.

What I would do in the template show is create groups 1 to 5 which you manually store your unshuffled groups.

Then you create a macro that for all groups created a shuffled version. Something like:

Code
    Group 1
    Shuffle
    Store Group 101 /Overwrite
    Label Group 101 "Group 1 Shuffle"
    ... repeat for all groups

(You can run the macro again if you want a new order)

Now in your sequence recipe line you can choose which group you want to use, the normal or the shuffled version.

You can even write a macro that replaces the group in the recipe so you can easily switch between them

• Thanks Hannie, but the pattern is the same too, nevermind.

If I use a larger setup, the same pattern doesn't matter. But when I use a smaller one, the same pattern looks boring.

In MA 2 I used the random form and that's it. No problem....

• Hannie, the selection with your method again again stays constant, which of course is the intended function of a shuffle x/y/z seed, although from a visual standpoint of a random effect, you start to see a repeating pattern of the selection order.

I'm curious if anyone has come up with a way of randomising the seed of shuffle whilst the phaser runs (until MA come up with a way to do this)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!