About using MA3 on PC with 2Port Node 2k to patch whole light from a theater

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello,

We will work for a project, using MA3 on PC with 2Port Node 2k to patch whole light from a theater,

Will meet some issues and want to share and get help here.

first , it this a possible to patch those lights on this light plot?

• 2. Those are old cyc flood lights

how could we patch them in to my MA3 , I find a CYC FLOOD under Generic but it donot have colors, those three cyc are red, blue and green. how can I add color on it?

try to using a scroller but the scroller under Generic can not be turn on ?

Please help

Thanks

• Hello friends,

After weeks, I have got those lights patched in MA3 , Now I worried about the parameters,

I check online :

Calculate Parameters - grandMA3 User Manual - Help pages of MA Lighting International GmbH

Shows grandMA3 onPC 2Port Node 2k: only has 2 048 parameters,

But on grandMA3 onPC 2Port Node 2k product page:

grandMA3 onPC 2Port Node 2k | MA Lighting International GmbH

Shows :

Parameters 4 096 (HTP/LTP)

Parameters Mode2 1 024 (HTP/LTP)

I think if grandMA3 onPC 2Port Node 2k has updated to 4 096 parameters that just on time for me to do this work, lucky !

Now I have a question:

How can I calculate that how much parameters I already have in MA3 soft?

• I check online :

https://help2.malighting.com/Page/grandMA3/…header_anchor_1

Shows grandMA3 onPC 2Port Node 2k: only has 2 048 parameters,

That Help Manual link is from v1.0. If you change to the Help Manual from v1.7 or later, you will see that it has changed to 4096, matching the product page.

How can I calculate that how much parameters I already have in MA3 soft?

Menu -> Patch / Live Patch -> DMX Universes -> Add up the "Coarse Params" column

• Hello friends,

we went to the theatre to test and find a problem, I brought my rack to test that is:

the theatre tech worry about the unmanaged net switch Cisco CBS110-24PP DHCP will auto change the IP address to theater lighting system.

we directly connect computer and MA3 onpc node to their lighting sACN net. that works, I can control the theater lights

But we can not link to other device from the net switch CBS110, have to find a way.

on the NET-X2 front panel there are 2 ethernet port, could we use one to connect to their sCAN net?

From your experience, what equipment needs to be added can be connected to the theater's lighting system without changing their Ip.

Or need a managed net switch to close the DHCP on the net switch?

Thanks

• unmanaged net switch Cisco CBS110-24PP DHCP will auto change the IP address to theater lighting system.

"Unmanaged" and "DHCP" in the same sentence doesn't add up. This means there has to be a DHCP server somewhere in the network.

In DHCP, setting static leases based on the MAC addresses will make sure that your network keeps it fixed IP-addresses. Problem solved.

Reading the specification, I learned that there are 2 RJ45 output connectors. 1 ethercon and 1 for CTRL (Future use).

There you have it.
    NET-X2 clearly reads: IN and THROUGH, so it has a network switch built inside.
    Their sACN net is a part of the network in total. If you want to connect to their sACN, you have to connect your devices to that subnet.
    You cannot have 2 DHCP server on the same network.

I'm afraid you need to dig a little deeper into network 101 to understand what needs to be done.

But we can not link to other device from the net switch CBS110, have to find a way.

Equals - you don't know the network spec's, so you have to dive deeper.

• Thanks, one of tech from the theater said my rack should be ok to link to their sACN net. like you sadi their shold have a DHCP server to contorl the ip address.

• Hello frineds!

Now i will first time using resolume laptop link to my MA3 laptop using artnet,

I donot know why is not work,

here is my setup pics, Please help !

my MA3 artnet setting:

I patch some clips like a dimmer like:

my MA3 LAPTOP ethenet setup:

My Resolume laptop ethenet setup:

My Resolume :

Thanks for your time to help!

• Network 101: Take it step-by-step...

You have to set the Artnet IP to 192.168.2.3/24 (unicast) or 192.168.2.0/24 (broadcast).

I presume you know how to sniff network traffic? It will help you verify that Artnet packets are truthfully sent.
    If that is the case, you can start up Resolume and make the configs needed.

• Hello friends,

Now I build the cue list for each program,

I found a problem is that when I close the first PO1 sequence, and then record and play the second sequence, the first one will also be triggered to play, I have to close the first sequence master,

how can I avoid the player any other sequence?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!