BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • In order to work with BPM (Speedmaster 16) and other Speedmasters I am using my own LUA script:

Put the code above into the Pool "Plugins" assign the speedmasters as depicted and you can give it a try.

This is from my current show file.

BR

mr-button

• It would probably good if you could post an explanation of what your plugin is doing and how to use it before people add a random script to their show.

‘Work with BMP’ could mean anything.

But thank you for sharing

• It would probably good if you could post an explanation of what your plugin is doing and how to use it before people add a random script to their show.

‘Work with BMP’ could mean anything.

But thank you for sharing

Okay, here my explanation what my LUA script is doing:

I have Speedmaster 16, which is used for BPM detection of the sound input, mapped to executor 230.

My LUA script reads out its value and copies it to other executors where other speedmasters like "rate", grandspeed, programspeed (329, 330, 429,430) etc are assigned to.

In one executor, cue triggered by sound, I am calling this script via cmd each 2nd beat to get the different speed masters synchronized.

On top in a second executor I am setting all speedmasters to Zero, when there is no sound for around 5 seconds. So when the music stops my show freezes. Thus I get a good automatic sound to light performance.

@GG: You are correct, whenever the BPM value is above a certain level I adjust it with a factor of 3/4. This works for me as a rule of thumb. Sometimes the BPM detection creates values far beyond the real BPM and I am automatically setting it down.

If any interest, I can send my show file on request via DM.

BR

mr-button

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!