Speedmaster Reference Bug. Ver 1.7.2.0 / 1.7.2.2

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello.

Using Ver 1.7.2.0:

I discovered a problem todays work, when programming som dim effects..

Goal was to record a cue on a playback which has a ref to speedmaster 16. (i use this SM for tapping bpm.)

So after recording one cue and setup a speedmaster on another playback, everthing was working perfectly.

After that i did some changes and did owerwrite the cue, but still using the reference to SM-16.

Suddenly the link to SM 16 was broken.

My playback did not react when changing SM 16. Now, i tried some diefferent workarounds with no results.

Now i downloaded last version 1.7.2.2. Nothing changes. Ref Link still not working.

But... after a while, when i activating both Ratemaster ref to SM16 and Speedmaster Ref to SM16 in my playback settings.

When i did this, the Link to SM16 was working again.

Now i tried directly to remove the Ratemaster ref to SM 16. It still works.

Now i tried to check another playback with the same ref to SM 16. This worked as well.

So it feels that there is a Issue with the Referensing to SM, but after tweaking the playback reference (both rate and speed),

you can make the link heal.

Is there anyone else that have the same issue?

Best

/Q

• Are you sure that you just did not deactivate the speedmaster 16? Just asking because this happened to me just now. Deleted a bunch of sequs and cues that were referencing speedmaster 1. And after a while I tried to tap tempo on SM1 and it did not work anymore. I did not toggle it off my self. Had to toggle it back on, and now its working fine.

If that is not the case then its a different issue.

• Any chance you had just unknowingly turned off SpeedMaster 16 (e.g. if you have it assigned to an executor and turned off the page on which that executor lives)? And then when you turned it on again was when it started working as expected?

• Any chance you had just unknowingly turned off SpeedMaster 16 (e.g. if you have it assigned to an executor and turned off the page on which that executor lives)? And then when you turned it on again was when it started working as expected?

Thanks for Quick respond.

Nope. The I am just using one page so the sm16 is on the same page as the effect playback.

So I was using the SM meanwhile the issue. And

I stayed on the same page when the issue was gone.

If the case was about switching pages with unexpected results, I think I would noticed that.

Can it be an issue that some SM staus checking is not activated when it should?

As you saw above in this thread. There was another user that had a similar problem.

Best

/Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!