BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I'm trying to understand how I would use Collections, I can tell it will be helpful, particularly when cleaning up just looking for ideas.

So let's say I have the following collection:

Collect Group 1 Thru 5

Groups 2 and 4 are empty

I can Store /Remove to the collection

Store Collection /Remove  8)

But if I Move or Copy it ignores the empty spaces

Copy Collection at Group 10 :thumbdown:

Outside of it holding on to your selection, which is cool, I'm trying to figure out how else to use it.

Also the release notes say you have to type Collection on the command line to clear them but Select Select PleaseSeems to work.

• [Select][Select](holding the button with the second press), then tap a bunch of non-consecutive groups or presets, then move or copy them all in one go. For example.

Also the release notes say you have to type Collection on the command line to clear them but Select Select PleaseSeems to work.

I believe that note is left-over from earlier in the development process, and should be getting corrected (at least, in the online version of the notes).

• But if I Move or Copy it ignores the empty spaces

Copy Collection at Group 10 :thumbdown:

Unfortunately, this cannot work, as Collect is targeting the object index. When group 2 and 4 are empty, there is no index it can collect.

Internally your collection is then only Group 1, 3, and 5. Without any gaps.

I believe that note is left-over from earlier in the development process, and should be getting corrected (at least, in the online version of the notes).

This one is now corrected in the online version of the help:

Release Notes 1.7 - Release Notes - Help pages of MA Lighting International GmbH

• unfortunately, this cannot work, as Collect is targeting the object index. When group 2 and 4 are empty, there is no index it can collect.

Internally your collection is then only Group 1, 3, and 5. Without any gaps.

Just wondering why not just do Copy Group 1 Thru 4 At 10 since it keeps the spaces. Mostly just trying to understand the usecase.

• Hi

You can use it to operate several objects at the same time, selecting easily and manually these objects.

Collect seq 1 + 2 + 5 + 10

Set Collection Autostart Yes

Store Collection

Assign Appearance 4 at Collection

and so on.

It should be great if we could have a collection pool, kind of super groups of objects.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!