What view am I looking @

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Please advice,

<TLDR>NO indication is given anywhere on which view I am working at...

You know the drill: loading, patching, checking, focusing, adopting, have the gear ready...
    Then comes 'program time', dimmers, general looks, color presets, positions presets, verify gobos, and the like...

Building a show, for me, is troublesome. After a while, I want to alter the content of the screens + views you have preloaded.
    You start doing changes to the views and want to store...
    NO indication is given anywhere to which view you are working on...

Say you have 7 general views defined, (and here and there, a subview combination of 3), the appearance option way is not an option? It would need a matrix of tad views with tad appearances...

How do you solve the 'What View am I Looking At' question?

• I understand what you are saying.

You miss these right?

Me too.

I get that the view buttons are recall buttons and you are looking at what you are looking at, but I have run into that as well; I make some changes, then realize I don't remember what it should be recorded into or what screens it should include. so I end up clearing all screens and recalling the view that I think I should store then remake my changes again and store right away (NO don't look at that shiny thing over there).

I end up doing it twice when my mind is in more than one place.

Not sure how they can fix it other than implementing indicators that sit on top of the appearance when you have a view that stores more than one screen.

• Thank you deeply - sharing your toughts.

If this can help ...

In my current setup, I waste a 2x1 square of screen space in the left, down corner, of a view; indicating at which view I'm looking at.

I was hoping someone had a better idea...

• I tend to do Views in Views, and this is where I end up getting lost. Once everything is setup it's fairly obvious, but I've saved over a View that I didn't intend to more than once (long presses oops 🤞).

MA2 when you tapped on a viewbutton it would highlight that viewbutton (so you know that was the last-tapped viewbutton). I miss that as well.

Yes that would be nice as well, Even if it highlights then has some other state once you change the view so you both knew were you were and that it had changed; how many times did I ask myself, did I change this view, regardless what the answer was I ALWAYS choose wrong.

I had the thought of making all the the views buttons macros that would both switch views and assign an appearance, but as a macro it was way to cumbersome as I had no idea when something changed behind my back so kind of useless.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!