Prog XFade Oddities

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Love this new feature but a few things I don't understand if they are a feature or a bug.

1) If you enable Prog XFade and make changes in the programmer then immediately disable Prog XFade or you don't complete the 0%>100% (or vis-versa) transition your changes look like they are in limbo as the Active Program XFade buttons stops blinking even though it looks like something is in there. You can clear this state by either completing the XFade transition or touching the attribute. It would be nice (feature request) if the Active Program XFade kept blinking to let you know that something is still in there, and if it gets stomped out by some other action it should turn back off.

2) With Dimmer and I think position values (edit nope) it looks like the transition is linear. but with Color values, it seems to do some strange calculations (maybe based apparent on power?):

For example:

If I have a dimmer at 0, turn on the Program Xfade take the dimmer to full and move the fader to 10% then the dimmer is at 10%. 20%, 30%, 90% all good. :thumbup:

If I have a Fixture in color black (0,0,0), enable Program XFade then change the color to red (100,0,0) then move the fader to 10% the resulting Red value is something like 27% and not 10% as expected. Is it trying to do some fance CIE adjustment, and if so is it backward?

Edited once, last by hoss (May 16, 2022 at 9:30 PM).

• If I have a Fixture in color black (0,0,0), enable Program XFade then change the color to red (100,0,0) then move the fader to 10% the resulting Red value is something like 27% and not 10% as expected. Is it trying to do some fance CIE adjustment, and if so is it backward?

This can be the case depending on the emitter data of the used fixture type.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!