BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hallo together,

I tried to set a cmd at the encoder assignment, in which i call a Macro on left turn and another on rightturn. When turning encoder, the Macro is activated as wanted, but also an Go+ command is done to the assigned sequence. I checked, if there were other assignments at the menu, but nothing. Even when setting the commands at the MA+assignment, the Go+ is also performed.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour and is this a bug or do i have to set somthing additional?

Best regards

Henrik

• The syntax given as the Encoder Right/Left Cmd is by design applied to the actual executor.

it is not executed as a standalone syntax

e.g.

EncoderRightCmd = >>>

will apply >>> to the executor the encoder belongs to e.g.

>>> Page 1.301

otherwise the >>> would have executed the selected sequence, not the actual executor, 301

so your e.g.

EncoderRightCmd = Go+ Macro 1

will execute as

Go+ Macro 1 Page 1.301

and run Go+ both on your specified macro and the executor

you can workaround this by extending your syntax to do both what you want, and additionally specify a harmless action for the executor e.g.

EncoderRightCmd = Go+ Macro 1 ; List

will execute as

Go+ Macro 1

List Page 1.301

thereby starting your macro, but merely list the executor in the cmdline feedback, rather than actually executing it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!