Single Digit Value

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • No, this gma1/2 option does not exist in gma3 as of v1.6

out of curiosity, what would you like to be the scope of such functionality, in the gma3 environment?

only Absolute layer, Relative as well, or any layer that uses Percent?

only Dimmer attribute, any attribute that uses percent, any object that uses Percent?

e.g.

At 4

At Relative 4

At Width 4

Attribute Zoom At 4

FaderMaster 201 At 4

Edited once, last by Andreas (March 1, 2022 at 12:23 PM).

• Hi,

One more key to type almost every dimmer to send. This is the case for many things in the software of the 3 compared to the 2.
    I don't get paid for the number of keys I press but for efficiency and speed.

Example:
    Dimmer number then please then level wheel (Please is too much. Even if i'm polite).

fixture x at fixture y please then please to choose the option (good but it has to. An option for removed would be cool).

First put the right view then store preset (Disable view button and cli view in MA2).

Auto create saves time for presets (color wheels,gobo, beam...).

You must assign seq to a layout if you want to play it whitout exec (Direct action)

The more keys I hit, the less I sleep.

Just 1 month of use.

I love it but too much stuff lost compared to MA2 (Pixel mapping, Vpu, Export patch and seq to csv, import ASCII, Filters Time and FX, Fx width without changing the bpm, CITP, Preview, Blind editor...).

• I think any attribute that uses percent.

• +1 That feature is soooo important!

AT 5 should set the absolute dimmer value at 50 %

AT 9 should set the absolute dimmer value at 90 %.

I don‘t get your point Andreas with the layer confusion because AT 3 should just do the same as AT 30…. It doesn‘t use focus or any other attribute than dim.

• I don‘t get your point Andreas with the layer confusion because AT 3 should just do the same as AT 30…. It doesn‘t use focus or any other attribute than dim.

He's not saying there's confusion. He's asking what you would want it to do. There are lots of other places where this functionality could work. But should it be anything other than Dimmer Absolute is the question - jabadger seems to think yes. Do you?

• I know there is some hesitation to have infinite user options but at the same time that’s one of the biggest benefits of grandMA right? Customisation. And I think the sweet spot has been hit on MA3 that if you are a novice you just don’t know about some of the customisation and can work in ignorant bliss…

So for me I’d like to see Options of:

-use single digit entry

-single digit affects dimmer only

• I know there is some hesitation to have infinite user options but at the same time that’s one of the biggest benefits of grandMA right? Customisation. And I think the sweet spot has been hit on MA3 that if you are a novice you just don’t know about some of the customisation and can work in ignorant bliss…

So for me I’d like to see Options of:

-use single digit entry

-single digit affects dimmer only

So you want:

1. Single Digit Entry (SDE) OFF
    2. SDE Dimmer Only
      • Absolute only, or also Relative? And what about the other layers?
    3. SDE All Attributes
      • Is this only for attributes whose Natural Readout is Percentage (or all attributes when your encoder readout is Percentage)? Or all attributes regardless of Readout?
      • Same question about Layers - all layers? Or presumably only Layers whose values are percentage?
  • He's not saying there's confusion. He's asking what you would want it to do. There are lots of other places where this functionality could work. But should it be anything other than Dimmer Absolute is the question - jabadger seems to think yes. Do you?

For me it would be fine if the same behavior as in gma2 will be on gma3 in that case. So AT 5 does an absolute dim value of 50%

• Me personally I’d only ever want it to be for dimmer, just like at is by default with a value. Because it’s really just bringing in traditional workflow we’ve had for decades.

@ 4 or 40 you expect a light to come on statically at 40%.

But I can appreciate other people might want differently. I would think you’d only want it to affect something ever though that was in percent mode or natural when natural == percent.

For me new software is about new features and workflows which improve our way of doing things. But it also needs to not be about taking away ability to do things we’ve historically had and wanted to do long term. Like single digit percentage entry (and Chasers 😜).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!