cue GO- strange timing/fade behaviour

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi there!

I am using a MA3 Light console to operate a theater show and something quite strange happened today:

By mistake I pressed GO+ two times. To stop the mess , I pressed PAUSE and then GO-.

I was expecting to see the second cue values going down (going directly back the previous cue), but instead of that, the values started going up / changing to the second - and unwanted - cue.

It was a huge mess... (basically, I paniqued...)

Only after the show ended I repeated the same steps and saw what happens:

If you press (by mistake) GO+ for two times and then press GO-, the second (and unwanted) cue will continue to fadein until the fade time reaches half of it cycle. At least, this was what it seemed to happen...

I am almost sure that I am missing something: is there any transition setting? could it be a LTP/HTP setting (doesn´t seem to make sense)?

Hope this explanation is not too confusing.

I bet there are more people on the theatre market that might need to undersand this issue...

Thanks for the help.

• Sounds like the sequence setting "ReleaseFirstCue" has been disabled

.e.g. with "ReleaseFirstCue" disabled

Go+

current cue = 1, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1

Go+

current cue = 2, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1 + 2

Go+

current cue = 3, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1 + 2 + 3

Go-

current cue = 2, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2

.e.g. with "ReleaseFirstCue" enabled (default)

Go+

current cue = 1, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1

Go+

current cue = 2, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1 + 2

Go+

current cue = 3, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1 + 2 + 3

Go-

current cue = 2, playback trackinghistory includes cue 1 + 2 + 3 +(R) 1 + 2 = 1 + 2

• yes you're right, for your scenario this can be an unfortunate outcome of pressing Go-

Go- is not a time-machine playing a live recording in reverse.

Go- is merely a function that executes previous cue instead of executing next cue

• In the same situation I mentioned before, I also tryed using "goto cue x time y" instead.

But it also didn't work the way I needed it to: the second (unwanted) cue dimmer values will always go up before start going down.

Go- is not a time-machine playing a live recording in reverse.

unfortunately, it isn't.

Any ideas on how can I turn this situation around?

Thanx

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!