TV imitation with generator

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello, has anyone of you already made an RGB TV effect with the generator? I have an old TV that has rgb stripes on the screen and I have to imitate a real TV for a theater piece. I can't get it to look good....

• In hollywood i use a 6000k color....then a form of random spikes of various intensities randomly from 10% through (brightest i want it to go) In ma2 the form looks like children chicken scratch up down crazy spike pattern.... in ma3 im making the same thing with about 20-30 steps up down up down over and over to different up down levels.... with a few random same level (hold output) steps.... TVs by nature always ahve that little glow...so never goes to black (hence the lowest level being 10%) but then random spikes up and down give a very realistic look.... use it all of the time in tv shows and movies......

if you really want to get crafty on it.... i some times add the same look, but in color spiking between 4000k and 6000k color with the dimmer spike look both at different speeds so it gives a full on random color and dimmer look....

but at least in most stances, a static color of choice with a dimmer chase works best

• I know these are Ma2 forums..... but this should give you a rough idea of what im talking about.... in ma3 each of these up and down spikes (and the fade/form between them) would be a different step in the phaser.... hence the 20-30 steps im talking about.... but once built should be very convincing for you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!