MA3 Feature Requests

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I do not know if this is the proper place for feature requests, and bug reports, but I have several and would like to submit them if I can.

1. We are still missing the auto create page from MA2 and it is probably the most significant thing holding back MA3 for me.

2. I would like the option to be able to map attribute control to the rotary knobs instead of using the encoder wheels. That idea was what most excited me when I first saw the new hardware. Something about the knob makes dialing in things like focus or zoom much more intuitive and precise feeling. Perhaps in the Assign menu for encoders, under the master tab, we could include an option that is "selected/Focus" and then duplicate it for every common attribute.

3. I want the touchscreen shapers dialog back from MA2. This dialog was critical for my work flow.

4. When I am in the patch screen and am inserting new fixtures, I feel that the clear button should be able to clear the calculator of any field such as FID, quantity, etc. If the keypad can be used as an input, then clear should be able to clear the window. I hate jumping back and forth between the backspace button on the keyboard and the numeric keypad on the desk for input. It is clunky and not intuitive.

5. Every time I boot MA on PC my user profiles are all reset to default. This is a bug. My new profile setting should be remembered for my Admin user.

• Hey There,

Just read your Post looking for something different.

At least for Top 2 I can give an answer.

If You want to Control Attributes with the Rotary Encoders you can do it with a very simple Command.

E.g. If you want to control the attribute Focus:

You can define Commands for "Encoder left Turn" and "Encoder right Turn"

Code
    Attribute "Focus" at + 1 // Assigned to "Encoder right Turn" will increase the Value of "Focus" by 1
    Attribute "Focus" at - 1 // Assigned to "Encoder left Turn" will decrease the Value of "Focus" by 1

It´s important to set blanks between the + and the Value. By this MA interprets your Value as relative Value. If the blank is missing th result will always be: Attribute "Focus" = 1 or -1 depending on input.

You can also Combine those Assignments with the MA-Key. By holding down the MA-Key and turning the Same Encoder you can trigger a diffrent Command.

Cheers

• Works for me, However a few things.

You should check the actual name of the Attribute In some cases the Displayed name is different from the actual Attribute name..

For example, Focus might be "Focus1"

So in that case the Command would be:

Attribute "Focus1" at + 1 or Attribute "Focus1" at - 1

None of that should cause the console to freeze though.

• Andreas
    May 20, 2022 at 9:51 PM
  • Answering to point 5.

The premade or default users are locked and you cannot use your own user profile with them. Make a new user and use your profile with that and it will stick.

But that said I fell in this rabbit hole also and hope this behavior changes in the future so U simply cannot change the user profile for those users or remove this handicap or safety measure.

• I´m sorry for the confusion.
    Focus wasn´t the best example for it.

I tried this with with a macro and simply called the macro by "Encoder Left/Right turn" Worked perfectly fine with onPC hardware.

I´ll Try it on a console by time.

To get the correct attribute names just Type "List Attribute" to the commandline. In the feedback you´ll get a list of all attributes, their numbers and names.

I would recommend to use the names over the numbers. the attributenumbers may change from time to time when ma adds new attributes to the Software.

Cheers Flo

• why are the old shapers gone in ma3 T^T please put them back, also i can not find the cue settings that are easily accesible in ma2...

Friendly reminder that grandMA3 is being programmed from scratch. It is not a re-skin of grandMA2, and things were not "taken away". All features are being programmed as new.

Regarding your second request, to which cue settings are you referring?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!