1 big monitor or 2 smaller ones for onPC?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi all,

I'm looking to obtain a touch screen to use with onPC.

For now it's just to learn the software at home but the plan is to eventually buy MA hardware, maybe a second screen and build a tour friendly setup.

I was initially eyeballing the Dell P2418HT because of the great hinge and matte screen but I'm having second thoughts because I think it might be too big.

Is it possible to put 2 onPC screens next to each other on one screen and have the UI scale properly? And will the UI element still be big enough to be touch friendly?

Or do single monitor setup should go for a 27" screen?

Or does it make more sense to go for two smaller screens?

Touch screens that are around 19-21inch seem to hard to find...

• Hello grunwalski,

1. Think about that a button shouldnt be smaller than 15x15mm to touch it safely. Also a tiny fader makes no sense.

2. But you cant see the live show behind a really big screen.

The Grandma3 UI is very flexible. I think ist a good idea to learn the software first and see what worflow fits best to you.

After that you will know which displays you need.

gunter

• I work with two Iyama ProLite T2336MSC-B2 since 3 years, and I'm very satisfied.They're probably just a bit too large to have the exact alignment of the executors window with the controls on the wings; not an issue at all on pages where I have muscle memory, but for pages that I rarely use it's just a matter of getting used to it.

They're also easy to clean because they don't have a bezel around the screen.

I work standing, so the size is not an issue in my case, while if you work sitting probably it would be better to keep them on the sides, or look for a smaller model.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!