BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Two types of buttons 1 and 2 (see screenshot). Can you please tell me what their types are called? I can hypothetically suggest what it might look like:

• Can you please tell me what their types are called?

Both are 'PropertyInput' types. See example:

• Thank you. It now became clear to me that these are not just buttons, but they display properties. However, for simple tasks, is it possible to use some method that would print one central text? For example, like here, where :AddListNumericItem("Central text", 1) is used for adding, and :GetListSelectedItemIndex() for reading?

• I'm looking for a button (if it exists) that can display title "Berry" and name "Strawberry". I looked through the parameters of "Button" and "UIObject" using Dump(), but did not see the title.

• Ah, ok. Then you can use 'IndicatorButton' type:

Code
    return function ()
        local dialog = GetFocusDisplay().ScreenOverlay:Append('BaseInput')
        dialog.H, dialog.W = 100, 300
        local button = dialog:Append('IndicatorButton')    
        button.textleftcorner = 'Berry'
        button.colorindicatorheight = 0
        button.text = 'Strawberry'
    end
  • Hey guys, so I'm trying to figure out how to make a UI "MessageBox" element have a default button that will be lit with yellow and executed on "Please."
    It happens without my doing anything sometimes, but not others. I think it may be related to whether or not the messagebox has inputs. Is there a way to manually choose a button to be the default in this sense?

Also another question. Is it possible to make a TextInput box larger so it can show multiple paragraphs at once?

• Is there a way to manually choose a button to be the default in this sense?

"Officially" not, but there is a nice workaround suggested by Andreas in another thread - put Timer(FindNextFocus, 0.1, n) right before calling the MessageBox function. n here is the amount of times you need to press Tab in your message box to get to a desired button and 0.1 is a delay between each FindNextFocus function call.

Is it possible to make a TextInput box larger so it can show multiple paragraphs at once?

To my knowledge - no.

• Maybe useful related to Dialog Faders:

I just discovered that you can use a calculator to set the value (OnPC = Right click)
    However my plugin did not respond to a calculator change.

Turns out the change happens to slow so my code reads the old value.
    A small delay solved this: coroutine.yield(0.05)

(There might be a better way.)

• Hey all, I finally got a few days and have been messing with the overlay dialogues and they are great! All the info here has been really useful, so much more to learn though.

One question, how do you open a system UI dialogue from your UI, for example from appearance_editor if you click on Image PropertyInput it opens the image_import dialogue. I'd like to make something similar to my Image.

I also added all the textures I could find here (really helpful for all the corner textures :).

And while I was at it I started a stub of UI types here, no real info there yet but it's a start for things to further research for myself. It looks time-consuming to document but maybe that will get my butt in gear if I find more time.

• How can I adapt Selectors instead of Checkboxes?

• Hi all,

Can anyone of you give me a working example of the window with tabs using "UITab" object type? Struggling to find a way how to use it.

Answering my own question in case anyone is interested:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!