BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi I'm looking to add some appearance thumbnails to a list of buttons.

I created a dialogue with a list of all my appearances, but I want to add their thumbnail before the name.

I think its possible, because the popup window for selecting appearances for objects contains a thumbail from the appearances.

But I can't find how to do this? I searched in the programdata folder to find examples without luck.

Ctrl+Cee , did you find how to do this ? Or Someone else ?

Edited once, last by mokaByls (April 29, 2023 at 9:28 AM).

• When you mentioned looking at the *.uixml files, what is useable within these files to add more inputs to my plugins? Popups is one I'm particularly interested in getting working, specifically the appearance popup.

Any ideas on how to do this? I've tried appending the 'AppearancePopup' as it is called within the .uixml but doesn't seem to help.

• You need to specify the fader token, to control Temp fader.

If you use SetFader() it can be like this:

Code
    local value = 50
    local target = 'Sequence 1'
    local object = ObjectList(target)[1]
    object:SetFader({value = value,token = 'FaderTemp'})
  • Yeah so It's not really my goal to give it a value. What I'm trying to achieve is that it appears in the pop-up window as a Temp fader.

As Andreas kindly showed us it's easy to target a sequence or any object with a UI Fader.

Code
    return function()
    local overlay = GetFocusDisplay().ScreenOverlay overlay:ClearUIChildren()
    local base = overlay:Append('BaseInput') base.W, base.H = 100, 400

local fader = base:Append('UiFader')
    fader.Text = 'myfader'
    fader.Target = DataPool().Sequences[1]

But in this case the fader in the UI will be the Sequence's master.

Sry if I'm mistaken but I don't really think SetFader would help me in this case.

• Ah, ok.

I'm not sure if it's possible, unless you assign a sequence on a temp master (e.g. 1.201), and use its handle as a target.

Something like

Code
    return function()
        local overlay = GetFocusDisplay().ScreenOverlay overlay:ClearUIChildren()
        local base = overlay:Append('BaseInput') base.W, base.H = 100, 400
        local fader = base:Append('UiFader')
        fader.Text = 'myfader'
        local executor = 'page 1.201'
        fader.Target = ObjectList(executor)[1]
    end

But maybe Andreas knows a better way.

• Thanks for your reply! This is not the result I wanted. I WANT TO KNOW THE UI FADER CODE? How to write in Lua! For example: local colorBackground = '3484F0FF'

--OR--

local colorBackground = '(52,132,240,1.00)'Hey friend! Who knows the code for Fader ui color (I marked it with a circle) Thank you!

• the ui area you have circled is the property IndicatorColor

you cannot set unique RGBA values to UI-elements, colors in the UI needs to be references to predefined existing colors in the colorgroups of the Colortheme

e.g.

myelement.IndicatorColor = 'Global.Selected'

• Hi all,

Does anyone know what are the benefits of AutoLayout compared to UILayoutGrid? I roughly understand the advantages, but still can't figure out how to place child objects in two-dimensional grid. Is it possible? I can only see two options for Direction - Horizontal and Vertical.

• Hello everyone, I wish you a Merry Christmas.
    I have a problem with the UI.
    I have programmed a plugin as an operator input, with checkboxes. Now I have saved the same code as a new plugin and changed it for a different input but the other plugin is still displayed. I found out that depending on which plugin is last in the plugin list, this is displayed for both plugins. Can someone help me?

I suspect that the variables are not being deleted correctly and or the UI is not being updated.
    I'm now assuming that I can use the variables again, after all they are local or am I seeing that wrong?

Thanks for your help

• Be aware of the scope of your variables. If you declare a variable inside a function, it gets regenerated every time the function runs. If you define you variables outside of a function (say at the top of your script, above your first function) the they only get generated when the plugin engine is initiated; which happens at console startup, or if you run the command ReloadUI

• I had already declared the variable thing with local. Initializing the variables was new to me, good to know. Still it doesn't work. I have attached two plugins of mine here. Depending on which plugin is last in the plugin list, it will be displayed for both plugins. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Maybe you see the error. By the way, after changing the plugins, you have to reload the plugins with the “ReloadUI Plugins” command for anything to change.

Sample 1

Sample 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!