Eurolite TMH-X Bar 5. Not possible to make in the fixture builder? Work around

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi there!

Since I had no luck in the fixture share I'll try my luck here.

So I would like to use the "LED TMH-X Bar 5 Moving-Head Beam" (official name)

However, when I search for its name in dot2 a "LED TMH-X" and a "LED TMH-X5" search result appear but both are not the correct fixture; they are wash moving heads instead of bars.

When I google "LED TMH-X" I get both the wash and not the moving bar I'm using. Erugh, confusing..

This is the manual:

https://www.ltt-versand.de/media/article_…2e/00109449.pdf

So I read this thread because I tough "let's make it myself".

Fixture Builder Tutorials

I'm a bit new to fixture creation so I don't know exactly what is meant with the following.

"the Fixture Builder can only create Fixture Types with one Instance"

The fixture consists of 5 individually addressable RGB leds.

Would it not be possible to create this in the fixture builder?

Is is this what they call "attributes" ?

Edit:

TLDR: multi-instance fixture workaround since the Eurolite TMH-X is not supported as a / one fixture.

After reading some more it can be quite complicated to have this fixture show up in dot2 as one fixture.

So I came up with a workaround. What If I add in dot2 a fixture with 11 channels pure for movement, dimmer, strobe etc. Then I add another 5x "Generic LED-RGBW" fixture. Would this work?

One moving led bar would show in my dot2 interface as 6 'fixtures': One just to control the movement, dimmer channel etc. The other 5 to individuals control the color of the individual LEDs. In total, those 6 fixtures would make up the 32 channels this fixture is made off.

Question: I found a generic RGBW 'fixture'- now I just need one for the first 11 channels to control pan, tilt, strobe, etc. Any tips to point me in the right direction? :)

Hopefully, someone can help me out!<3

• Qwerty March 13, 2022 at 7:27 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “One name, two fixtures; eurolite TMH-X Bar 5. Not possible to make in the fixture builder? Work around” to “Eurolite TMH-X Bar 5. Not possible to make in the fixture builder? Work around”.
  • Wouw, Thanks @Krzysztof Korzeniowski! When I have my hands on the fixtures I will test your file in two weeks!

When I open your file in Notepad I can see that the file is created in "Fixture builder v19"- is that correct? (So not with the use of the inbuild fixture builder of MA?). The reason for asking is that I want to create a fixture profile for the "Stairville Led Bar 240/8 RGB DMX 30°" which has multiple colour instances as well.

Do you perhaps have a link to a great tutorial when I can learn to build them myself?

• Creating a fixture for your Stairville will be fairly simple (for 24ch mode)

You have 8 x RGB segments

Start fixture buiildier

Add color led

1 RED

2 GREEN

3 BLUE

add virtual dimmer

4 DIM

Remove corse (4) - stay empty

THIS IS ONE SEGMENT (module)

Now

Select module

click Instances

and add 7 instances and click add [+]

THATS ALL

• Hi Krzysztof!

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I did as you say and added as a separate module the remaining channels (like dimmer, shutter, effect). For inspiration, I looked in the XML file containing the TMH-X 5 fixture you were so kindly sent me.

It seems I can't get the shutter channel working properly. This can be seen when the attached fixture is imported in Dot2. When you increase the Strobe slider/fader (under Beam) the slider doesn't move and the buttons don't work as intended. When looking at the DMX-out window you can see it never goes above 11.

After some trial and error, it seems to be the problem of "EncFrom/To and/or PsyForm/To."

I found the online docs and this forum post however it does explain what should be entered to get it working.

How do you handle these values? How do they relate to the Dot2 interface?

Thanks in advance!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!