Default values missing when load show / changing F-profile

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • As described in the subject i have noticed that Default vaules are missing when changing a fixture profile.

This is what i did in order:

1 Loaded mac 550 in from ma2 library via ma3 patch importer

2 This profile has basic and extended personality.

3. i Noticed that i got really strange behaviour when i set this patch.

4 Same thing happened when switching from Basic to Extended personality. (every default value drops, and randomly values are shown)

5. In the encoders you can se the DEF-V that you want. , but when looking in DMX-sheet different real existing values are shown.

6. So you have to enter every value on every encoder to first activate the encoder and then OFF-encoder. Now you will get the DEF-V

7. Now i was thinking if the problem is solved by reloading the showfile. But the opposite result was given. I had to click on all the encoders once again.

This never happened to me in Ma2.

Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance

/Q

Edited once, last by Qualmos (June 29, 2021 at 11:38 PM).

• Does the same thing happen if you patch from the MA2 Tab, and not exporting from MA2?

I tried both exporting from MA2 and directly from MA3 and it seems to work when switching from Basic to Extended Profiles.

What happens if you MA + . (Default) the encoder?

What Attributes are showing up a random values? Could it be the difference in display between Channel Functions and the DMX Outputs.

For example In SH1 defaults to 34 Decimal8, but the DMX output is 13 because first channel set is from 19 to 49 Decimal8

I tried both exporting from MA2 and directly from MA3 and it seems to work when switching from Basic to Extended Profiles.

Interesting. Maybe this pinpoints at a faulty is packed in the fixture template.

I have done the import directly in MA3 PATCH SETUP. You have a dialog where you take ma2 fixtures and import them there.

Maybe i have to try to do some experimentation with importing fixture template.

But Questions still remains around strange behaviour. I mean... it's feels a little bit unsafe that this type of error can appear in MA3 System.

What happens if you MA + . (Default) the encoder?

1. The encoder becomes red as in active state, but this does not affect the real dmx output

2. If i now physically turn the encoder, or if i run a synthax like "at 1 encoderpage 4" then both encoder and dmx output becomes real as ecxpected

What Attributes are showing up a random values? Could it be the difference in display between Channel Functions and the DMX Outputs.

I am not sure what you mean.

But i look att percentage at the encoder. and also percentage of real dmx output in the dmx sheet.

I am not using channel sheet at the moment.

• I am not sure what you mean.

So Using the 550 Extended Shutter as an example. This profile looks messed up. Ive only looked at the first channel and first two ChannelFunctions but the second one looks wrong to me.

For example the first ChannelFunction has two Channel Sets "Closed" (DMX 0 - 19) and "Open" (DMX 20 - 49), so far so ok.

The second ChannelSet looks like it should be variable strobe from slow (DMX 50) to fast (DMX 72) but it looks to be setup that Minimum goes from 50 to 49(?) and maxStrobe from 50 to 50.

If I fix it to look like this it works like I expect:

So i guess what I'm saying is perhaps the profile is broken. Perhaps sending your show file to your distributor will shed some light on the issue.

• Solved:

I did "the-right-way" export patch in ma2 system and loaded that show into ma3 system.

This seams to work without issues.

I did this in ver 1.4.2.1 and will try the same thing in 1.5 tomorrow.

Thanx for helping me with this issue.

/Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!