I've just finished my first Lua Plugin and I'm sharing it here: ringens_randompos.zip
This plugin gives random pan/tilt values to the currently selected fixtures.
It's quite fun to use and I'm sure it could be useful too.
There's actually two plugins and this is how to use them:
-- 1. Set your readout to percent
-- 2. Make a note of the minimum and maximum pan and tilt values you would like
-- 3. Run the plugin 'RndPOS Limits' and enter those values
-- 4. Each time you run 'RandomPOS' you will get a different look
If you see something you like, store it - it will never come back
More info in the Lua file.
Tell me what you think !
- - -
To anyone not familiar with how to import plugins:
1. Download and extract the attachment
2. Save a show to your USB stick to create the grandMA3 folder structure on your USB-stick
3. Copy the extracted 4 files into the plugin library folder on your USB-stick:
4. Open a Plugin Window on your grandMA3 and Edit an empty plugin slot/tile
5. Press Import, change drive from Internal to your USB-stick. and select ringens_randompos.xml
6. Press Export, and Export again, if you want the plugin to reside in your internal drive, so it is easy to import into other showfiles Repeat 5 and 6 for ringens_rndpos_limits.xml
7. Close Plugin-editor, and call the plugin whenever you need random positions
(I stole the instructions from a post by Andreas)