BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi,

Can someone please explain to me how you can edit macros? Clicking on edit followed by the macro like you would do with grandMA2 does not work. Is there perhaps a command to edit macros?

thanks in advance!

greetings, Bart Hornesch

Bart Hornesch
    Lighting Designer,
    Lighting Technician,
    Lighting Operator.

• Hi Bart,

in the dot2 there is no possibility to edit macros.
    The reason for that is the wish to keep the dot2 as simple as possible. So macro editing is not very intuitive and has a great potential of miscontrolling the desk for many users.

So MA decided to offer only predefined macros for many useful commands but not to edit or store macros by users. In my opinion the right decision.

Sorry for this bad news for you.....

• Hi Kanne,

Thank you for answering to my post!
    I understand why MA did not include the possibility to edit macros, although I, and I am sure many others, would like to see this function come to dot2 in an update. Macros are in mine opinion one of the best features in the MA consoles, and is the main reason why I like MA consoles.
    Again, I understand MA's view on macros, but I think it would be a shame if we would not be able to take full use of it.

I guess this is also the reason why there is only one speedmaster?

Greetings, Bart Hornesch

Bart Hornesch
    Lighting Designer,
    Lighting Technician,
    Lighting Operator.

• You just might need grandMA2, actually :)
    dot2 was never intended as "lighter" gMA2, but for just about anything "low/medium profile" with stability and quality, without advanced setups, and high profile configs... that includes macro editing.

• Hey Bart,

regarding the speedmaster we had a great improvement in the last software version with the Magic Speed View. Here you have the chance to use 4 different speed masters for 4 different reasons.
    For sure there could be more real Master Speed Fader, but as you said it is the same reason --> Keep the desk simple :-).

• Hi Kacperp,

For my work I use a grandMA2 full-size, but I was looking for a console/software for myself. Because I really like the grandMA2 I thought it would be a logical choice to use dot2.
    Sadly without a macro pool and only one "real" speed master, but I just found out you still can use your cue's as macros.

greetings, Bart Hornesch

Bart Hornesch
    Lighting Designer,
    Lighting Technician,
    Lighting Operator.

• Hi Kanne,

I knew of the 4 different masters, but I am used to use different speed masters of the same kind, but I will find a way around it.
    Nevertheless, there is no free Software around with this many functions.

greetings, Bart Hornesch

• On dot2 I use empty cues as "Macros". You can write any command in the CMD area in the sequence edit menu. Used on sreen with the virtual playback view it gives you an own user definable macro pool.