Recipe with absolute and relative position

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi,

The position in my recipe doesn't work as I would expect. I have created a recipe with two recipes lines:

line1: spots absolute position

line2: spots relative circle

The spots doesn't move around the absolute position. Am I missing something?

• Yes it works when the relative position and absolute position are played from seperate exectutors.

The relative circle is a selective preset, but I learned that position present used to be selective?

I have no idea why it doesn't work together in a recipe.

• With the current version (1.4) , it is not possible for an attribute to reference two different presets at the same time. (from within the same storage container, i.e. a preset or cuepart)

However, if you enable the cue-property "AllowDuplicates", which enables you to store the same attribute in multiple cue parts (storage containers), then you can work around this limitation of one reference, by creating one part & recipeline with your absolute position preset, and another cuepart & recipeline with your relative circle preset, and thereby effectively create a cue which references (and plays back) both your absolute position preset and your relative circle preset at once.

• AllowDuplicates = AllowDuplicatesToBeStored

This mode is only taken into consideration in the actual store-process, to determine if store-content should automatically be removed from other parts or not.

Merely switching this mode On (or Off) will not alter the content of any parts nor the output/playback of the cue.

• Hi Andreas,

Thanks that is a very in depth explanation, much appreciated. I now understand why it doesn't work.

Just one thing, could you confirm the following:

I have not stored the recipes into a sequence yet. I'm still learning to create nice looks.

Because AllowDuplicates is a cue setting in a sequence I'm not able to fix it in the recipe as far of this version right?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!