BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I have a Question, On MA2 i used to make stomp groups for positions effects. So you could temporarily kill that effect.

Now on ma 3 we have 2 layers.

Absolute Layer containing my Position. Say all spots on stage.

Relative Layer is a Phaser running a Symtrical circle.

Can we control which layer is active with a temp fader. Or similar that i can Stomp my Symtrical phaser.

I have it now setup that my Movements phasers are in a Sequence list.

Cue 1: Circle

Cue 2: Pan

Cue 3: Tilt

I can control these with a temp fader. But when changing cue's with go it doesn't listen to temp fader and jumps right away to max phaser size.

Does somebody have better way of controlling movements??

Also when i off the sequence it abruptly goes to the absolute Layer. But i have a 2 seconds in my off cue of that Sequence.

So some how it does not listen to the offcue settings.

• 1. bulid an absolute position preset x

2. build a relative symmetrical circle preset y

3. call preset y, press integrate, call preset x and store that as preset z

4. assign preset z to executor A

5. assign preset x to executor B and use it as temp fader (give it a high priority)

i think now you should be able to control the size of your symmetrical circle stored in executor A by manipulating executor B.

• But then your basically working of position presets.

I can already control the effect size with a temp fader for that REL Circle.

But the problem occurs when you have multiple REL presets in 1 sequence. The Go+ overrides the temp fader value.

So the next cue ignores the Temp fader being @ 0. When actual you want to go+ to next cue (pan preset) to start @ 0% Temp.

So every time you bring up your temp fader the effect start running.

It does work if you have all your movements separately in cue. Not in a cue stack.

But that defeats the purpose of limiting faders on the desk.

Then i need 3 faders for each Moving light + additional macro to change the recipe.

• The behavior of Tempfader is in this case the same as on gma2.

To my understanding of your gma2 workaround, the same approach can be applied to gma3, if you consider gma2-effectlayer to be gma3-relativelayer, and gma2-stomp to be gma3-relative=0:

Create one sequence with cues for all your different relative p/t phasers, assign to e.g. Exec 101

Create a second sequence with relative-layer p/t values of 0, assign to e.g. Exec 201, with High priority, and Tempfader

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!