Using 2 Midi Controllers With Dot2

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello there.

I just brought an APC mini and I have my launchpad mini which I've had for some time. I used to use my launchpad mini with dot2 without any translation software but now that I have my APC, I need to make it so dot2 can use both controllers at once.

I've got the APC working with bomes midi translator (original) and loopmidi but now i can't find a way to use my lanchpad.

Is there anyway to get around this?

• BOME is really complicated to setup, in my opinion.

That was one of many reasons why i have developed BOMAC.

The free edition of BOMAC supports up to two controllers. Downside you can use only 14 faders/buttons in total.

But that is enough to test your setup with it. When it is working, you could consider to buy it. It is not expensive, it's about 50€ excl. TAX.

Here is a video about setup BOMAC mit dot2:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if i buy it does that give me the option to have as many faders and buttons as i want?

• for "as you want" i can only say: NO.

This is a bit more complicated. There are many things playing together.

Limitation:

BOMAC does not support multiple controllers which show up in windows under the same name.

Long answer:

With your planed using launchpad and apc you should have no problems.

The license code you will get after buying sets the internal limit from

2 devices and 14 events

to

65536 devices and 65536 events

But: because BOMAC support only 8 universes of Art-Net this will limit you in about 4096 events (depends on your mappings).

Midi has also a limited amount of channels and notes/cc etc.

When you are using USB-midi devices bomac connects each by each - the midi channel limitations counts per device

I guess windows/hardware/usb has also limits connecting devices.

I have tested BOMAC with 3 Controller and about 200 events (buttons/faders) in total.

I also was not able to map more than 200 event, because my controllers do not have so many buttons.

Short answer:

Should work - i don't know anybody which ever run in any limit/problem according to the licensing.

• UPDATE: So I generally use 2 devices during a show. If its at home then I have my PC and laptop together in session. If I'm at a gig then I have 2 laptops in session. I discovered that I can plug the APC into one of the devices and my launchpad into the other device and then I can have them both working at the same time. Its only 1 midi device per computer, not session.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!