Phase in phaser editor

• ?Hi

In the phaser editor, predefined phases seem to act on x and y axis at the same time.

Is it possible to get a phase on x and another one in y ?

Without going through matricks ?

And what about the value shown in the phase encoder ? It means nothing.

ie : a simple dimmer phaser on/off, applied to a grid.

Phase at 360 in the phaser editor : phases are going through x an y, in my encoder calculator : phase = 0 thru 585 ! Which means nothing for me and is not reality.

And if i change phase in matricks pool, it's worst.

Where is the logical thing ? Where is link between all these different phases ?

More : if i create my phaser with ie dimmer, set a matricks with phases, then i go to phaser editor and use the 360 phase button, how can i recover my matricks set ?

Thanks

• The Phase 360 button in the Phaser Editor Window is most useful for quick even distribution to single-axis selections, as these Phase buttons currently applies to all axis, to work as expected both if your single-axis selection is stacked in the x-axis OR in the y (or z) axis.

While maybe not desirable, individual phase-values ranging from 0 thru 585 is a plausible result, given the current functionality of the 360 button.

Assuming your multi-axis selection grid has a size of 8 by 4:

360/8 = 45 in phase-offset per cell on first axis

360/4 = 90 in phase-offset per cell on second axis

first fixture at [0,0] = 0*45 + 0*90 = 0

last fixture at [7,3] = 7*45 + 3*90 = 585

Until the Phase buttons in the Editor Window gets an axis-selector or an axis-filter, I recommend using either of the following methods to apply phase when dealing with multi-axis selections:

To distribute phase in the X-axis only, you can use the Attribute Encoder/Calculator (Layer=Phase)

To distribute phase with specific ranges on one or more specific axis, you can use the MAtricks window.

---

you can reapply the settings from the MAtricks window by altering any of its properties

e.g. turning z-invert on and off again

• Thanks Andreas for your answer.

That's what i've understood.

And i already use your solutions.

Do you know if a axis-selector or filter will come soon ?

Thanks again.

PS: are you Andreas Glad from ma-share ? Always on top :)