dot2 tips + tricks special edition! new hammer function in 1.2.2.8

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Here are the steps I took to install it:

Download the latest dot2*.update file and copy the content on a standard USB stick (not the

Linux boot stick) into the root directory. Make sure there is only one update file in the root

directory at a time.

Connect the USB stick to the desk.

Switch on the desk, go to Setup / Software Update menu and push the “Update” button.

After the file is copied on the desk, push the “Reboot now” button.

Console will reboot. After the reboot the console will be updated.

John Cerbus
    Lighting Director/Programmer
    Victory Church Fremont, Ohio

• I found the problem...

I used the USB Stick that I have been using on the console for backups. I loaded the update to the root drive of the USB Stick with that being the only update on the drive. Even though the update was 1.2.2.8 it would only show as 1.2.2.3. I just took a empty USB stick with NO dot2 backup files on it and it worked giving me the proper 1.2.2.8 update. :)

I don't ever remember running into this problem before as I have always updated with the Backup USB stick. :/

John Cerbus

• Hmm....that sounds a little bit strange for me :S .
    So only for my understanding...you did the software update with the .update file -> 1.2.2.3 was shown in the info window.
    Then you connected an empty stick -> 1.2.2.8 was shown in the info window?

Is there something you also did after the software update?

• Correct. I used the stick that normally I plugged in to the back of the console. I loaded 1.2.2.8 on it. When that was plugged into to the console for updating 1.2.2.3 was shown in the info window. But an empty stick with 1.2.2.8 on it and plugged into the console showed 1.2.2.8 and performed the update correctly.

John Cerbus

• No other update files were in the stick. I took the old 32GB stick out and put a new one in the console. I have been using that as a backup since yesterday. Today after I did a morning backup I removed the USB Stick, put the update on it and it worked correctly. So I "retired" the old stick.

Thank you for taking time to check this out. :thumbup:

John Cerbus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!