Setting width of a step in absolute time

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi!

Anyone know if/how it is possible to set the width of a step in seconds/milliseconds?

What I want to achieve is an effect where one step is fixed in milliseconds and the length of the second step(s) gets adjusted when the speed of the effect is changed.

• Thanks, but that is still the length of the entire effect. If I change the speed the length of all steps change. I want one step to always be a fixed time. The speed setting changes the length of the entire effect but no the step that is fixed in time.

Example of what I want to be able to do, if I have a stepped dimmer chase. I want the full/on step to be 0.3 seconds. If the speed is 0.6s it is on half of the time and off half of the time. If I increase the speed, it is on longer than it is off. If the speed is below 0.3s it is on all of the time. If the speed is 2s it is off for 1.7s and on for 0.3.

This specific effect can be achieved by a sequence that is controlled on by a speed master, the cues in the sequence has command that triggers a GO of another sequence that turns on/off the dimmer. Not very flexible...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!