"If Output" behaviour

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I'd like to know why:

Ifoutput please --> selects all fixt that have dim attribute not at default

but

Ifoutput sequence X --> selects all fixt that have, at least, one attribute not at default (not only dim!!!) in sequence X

it's a different behaviour,if I apply ifoutput to a sequence or if i do it to the entire output!!!!

For me it's like two different commands....

• Works the same way in MA2. Actually the MA2 version of the manual explains it better; when used without an argument it selects fixtures with dimmers above zero. When used with a preset or Sequence it selects fixtures with values stored, the key being values not dimmer.

The MA3 version of the manual says it only works with Sequences and Presets but shows the example with no argument, so I'm guessing it needs an update or perhaps they have more in store for future versions.

Also I did check, without an argument is based on non-0 dimmer values not non-default. If you set a fixture type to a non-0 dimmer value IfOutput will select it while it is at default.

• Reviving an old thread here.

Has anyone worked out an elegant solution for selecting all fixtures with a dimmer value above zero from a specific sequence?

I can limit the scope to the selected sequence with the code below; but it selects all fixtures in the sequence, not just the fixtures with non zero dimmer values.

Lua "Cmd('IfOutput Sequence '..SelectedSequence().No)

What I'm looking for is a quick way to create a blackout cue in my selected sequence without capturing values from my other running sequences.

Edited once, last by jfarrow: spelling (January 19, 2024 at 6:10 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!