Questions about strange behaviour

• Hello.

I Refear to this video to easier explain my questions. (you can say that i am trying to do the exakt same thing as the example.)

(using version 1.4.0.2)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So i work with 2 ABS presets (tilt out & tilt roof ) & 2 REL Presets (small circle phaser and stomp (0) ).

Working with Stomp.

USING: REL Phaser Preset active, fixtures selected. Syntax: pressing STOMP button

Behaviour: This works sometimes and sometimes not.

Working with OFF.

USING: ABS or REL Preset. Syntax: OFF button --> PRESET XX.

Behaviour: This works sometimes and sometimes not. When it's not working you can use method "CLEARALL"

(But of course, then you loose all data in the programmer.)

ALSO: This dissselects also the the fixtures. Is that on purpouse?

MA2: I am used to "OFF a preset" but keeping the selection of fixtures.

Working with REL PRESET.

USING: REL Phaser Preset active Syntax: Tapping on ABS preset while REL presets are active

Behaviour: This works just a few times of 100 times.

ALSO: Sometimes a REL preset kicks out a ABS preset out of the programmer.

You can see in the video that you should exprect that ABS preset has a higher Priority compared to the REL preset. So is this a Bug?

Working with Store options.

Syntax: PRESS & HOLD store button.

Behaviour: The pop-up windows refuses to show when screen 2 or 3 is active. Is this on purpose?

MA2: This works i all screens.

I hope you understand my explanations. =O

Thanks in advance

/Q

Edited once, last by Qualmos ().

• Working with Stomp

At the moment Stomp only works on the current programmer part. So if the phaser you're trying to stomp is in a different programmer part, it won't work as you expect.

Working with Off

Similar to Stomp, pressing Off and tapping a preset only works if the preset is active in the current programmer part. I am not seeing Off <preset> deselect fixtures though.

Working with Rel Preset

There is currently a bug where relative and absolute values in different programmer parts don't calculate their output correctly. If you store it into a cue and run the cue you should see it the way you would expect.

Working with Store options

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. As far as I can tell, long-press [Store] always opens the Store Options on Screen 1 unless you specifically move that overlay to another screen.

• Thank you for answers.

Can you give me a wild guess when next update is released? Abs & rel value priority is very central for most of the users i guess.

Even if the data is hold only in the programmer.

Working with Store options

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. As far as I can tell, long-press [Store] always opens the Store Options on Screen 1 unless you specifically move that overlay to another screen.

If you long-press store button in ma2 you will get what i mean. In ma2 you can see the dialog in every screen.

In ma3 you will have to:

1 close screen 2 or 3 or both.

2 now long-press store button and you will see the dialog.

3 after changing settings you have to click on screen 2 or 3 again to get back to where you were.

Hope this was a little bit mor clear.

Thanks again

/Q

• Can you give me a wild guess when next update is released?

We should see a bugfix for v1.4 in the not too distant future. v1.5 probably in the Spring.

If you long-press store button in ma2 you will get what i mean. In ma2 you can see the dialog in every screen.

No, in MA2 long-press Store only opens the Store Menu on one particular screen (whichever one you've set it to open on - default is screen 1). If you're using MA2 onPC, that screen will be pulled to the front.