Dot 2 3D Cameras control

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello!

I would like to know if:

1. Is there a possibility that through the "CMD" function as syntax assigned to a cue in the Main Executor, I can control the change of cameras in Dot 2 3D?
    For example: Cue 3 must activate "Front 2" camera in 3d show. ( Changing Left Camera ).
    2. Is there a shortcut that changes the camera in the opposite direction to what the Space bar does? (dot 2 3D).

Thank you guys.

Comment

Smile now ! ...Tomorrow will be harder ! :)

• Thanks.

I managed to patch the camera in dot 2, but I am interested to change the dot 2 3D cameras by the command generated in dot 2 for PC.

For example: Cue 3 ( from Main Executor) must activate "Front 2" camera in 3d show. ( Changing Left Camera from cue 2).

Or command a shortcut from a cue CMD to Ctrl + 1…9…0 .

Edited once, last by emilem63 (January 10, 2021 at 5:07 PM).

• I don't believe so...calling from the Commandline in Dot2 for camera control does nothing, tosses a nice juicy Error#...so I'd say "no", from Dot2[v1.5].

Now, you can commandline camera control in MA2 onPC, however....with:

[Function] Camera [ID]....so as example "Select Camera 2"- gives the result of switching from current camera to Camera 2 in the Stage View. It picks the Camera from the List in the console as it's indexed.

...so you could create a Macro with that calling and it would activate camera switching when the Macro is run. It will even respect 'string' names of Cameras in the 3D menu/Cameras. So.... Select Camera "Front" will switch the current Camera rendering in Stage View to the Camera labeled, "Front" in MA3D 3D Objects Menu.

Good luck! Probably will have to 'move' the Camera Control object Patched in Dot2 around to achieve this effect, but in a cruder/not elegant way.

Unless the latest version of Dot2 that allows Macros to be written allows for the grabbing of the keywords...not installed here as not really using Dot2 any longer and don't expect any further updating to the software. I found far more flexibility in MA2/3 and an onPC node.

• Thanke you Rex. This answer is good to me.

I will try to apply the instructions proposed by you in the new version of Dot 2. I am working on a project in which this would be very helpful.

I will come back with the results.

Thank you, Respect!

• Hello Emilem, hello Rex. Nice to see you there.

Watch the tutorial and try it like this. Simple duplicate camera e.g. front, patching camera controller, attach the camera controller to the camera (as in the tutorial). Using the parameters camera controller in dot2 onpc, such as: position and focus (just like in a moving head) choose positions - views suitable for you, save selected positions on an executor - views, or each position on a separate executor. Now you can enter commands in the main cue like "goto cue1 exec 1.999" or goto, or On exec 1.878. This will change the camera position parameters and your created views.

cheers

Edit. To see the effects, you must select the view from the camera you copied in 3D, eg. "front2".
    Now you can even do raids, close-ups and flyovers.

Edited once, last by nasula (January 13, 2021 at 3:04 PM).

• Hello nasula. The point is to command from a cue generated in Dot 2 on PC the switching of the cameras in dot 2 3D.

I understand that is not posible ( yet- I hope) .

Thanks.

I managed to patch the camera in dot 2, but I am interested to change the dot 2 3D cameras by the command generated in dot 2 for PC.

For example: Cue 3 ( from Main Executor) must activate "Front 2" camera in 3d show. ( Changing Left Camera from cue 2).

Or command a shortcut from a cue CMD to Ctrl + 1…9…0 .

Thanke you for the answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!