Magic ColorGrid Plugin

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • When you have a crash, please reach out to the tech support or your local distributor.

Please provide them the show file, the steps to do in order to recreate the crash, and the crash log(s) (if not already uploaded via the world server).

• Thanks for the file...i took a look at it and it seems that my fixture type discovery is not as good as i thought it to be :/ I will rework this and hopefully find a solution in the next few days.

This bug seems to be happening on devices with color wheel as in your showfile the VL6000.

If i am able to fix the issue that breaks the script execution i will also try to add support for several color wheels as in your case you need to use all three of them to get your hands and on a bunch of color options.

• Ok, hopefully I figured it out and the new fix will work in all scenarios :/

I had some issues in the detection of the fixturetype as well as in with the colorwheel support. I reworked this and the result seems quiet promising.

Another bug i had to face were random crashes of the application if the script processes a larger number of groups. To avoid this I had to implement some wait states to give the application time to some other stuff. Hopefully I am able to remove these in a future gma3 release.

I have noted that my predefined delay patterns only support horizontal delays which do not go down that well with your setup since a lot of your fixtures are aligned vertically. I will see if I am able to add some additional delay patterns for a future version. However, I have to find a way to make sure the user interface will not be overcrowded by too much icons.

I would appreciate some feedback if that fits your requirements :)

Release ma3_1.7.22 Fixture name and Race Condition fix Release · Toom3000/ma3_Magic_ColorGrid
    Within this release I have improved the fixture type discovery which caused some fixture types of not being recognized if the names have been changed to custom…
    github.com
  • I have updated the plugin to work with version 1.8.1.0.

The lua syntax changed a little bit and there is a bug that causes the delaytimes in presets to be fixture by fixture instead of the whole selection. Therefore i switched to using MAtricks to get the delays working.

Release 1.8.1.0 Release · Toom3000/ma3_Magic_ColorGrid
    This release works with Version 1.8.1.0: This uses MATricks instead of preset delaytime to achieve the delays. The prior implementation in ma3 is somehow…
    github.com
  • Hello, When it works this colorgrid plugin is amazing, thanks for creating it.

Now, I have encountered some configurations where it doesn't work.

It still doesn't seem to work with colorweels and fixtures that have subfixtures. When I unpatch my fixtures and then run the plugin, nothing happens at all. Sometimes it even prevents all my movement executors from starting. They just happen to stop as soon as they're turned on.

The only "fix" I have found so far is to run the plugin before creating and patching the known crashing fixture (i.e. colorwheels or subfixtures).

here is the error in the command line

I'm also attaching my show where my executor won't turn on. JAI.backup_2022.09.27_16.52.18U.show

Maybe you'll want to take a look at it.

(What I did in this show what run the plugin, which just seemed to be installing forever. Then I unpatched the fixtures and ran the plugin again, which this time didn't do anything. After patching again, most of my executor stopped working.)

Thanks again for creating this plugin, and the time you spent and will spend working on it.

• Hello ToraAak,

thank you for the feedback and the error report. I have modified the script to fix the error as well as to support fixtures that rely on subfixtures such as GLP Impression X4 Bar.

In your showfile you are using a lot of groups. In my workflow i am using much less so that is why the support for such large numbers was not implemented properly. I also tried to take care of that in the update.

To use the plugin properly maybe you should just include the group numbers in the dialog that you really want to be on the grid, otherwise it may be become a bit unhandy to operate with so much information on one screen :)

Release ma3 1.8.1.0 - Support for Subfixtures and Fix for large number of groups · Toom3000/ma3_Magic_ColorGrid
    Support for subfixture color capability discovery Fix for large number of groups which caused the plugin to crash
    github.com

Best Regards,

Thomas

• Hello Thomas

Thank you for being so reactive.

The fix seems to work amazingly.

If I encounter any future problems, be assured I will let you know.

I am indeed using a lot of groups, as I have one groupe per fixture and then a global group for all my fixtures. But of course I didn't select all the groups when running the plugin.

Thanks again for your time.

• Happy new Year 2023,

during the holidays i found some time to update the plugin and fixed some issues with ma3 1.8.8.2.

Furthermore the delay and fade parameteres are now implented using recipes instead of directly altering the presets with the programmer. The advantage of this approach is that the ColorGrid no longer touches the programmer and does no longer interfere with the users programmer content. Please not that during the initial creation of the ColorGrid the programmer is being modified and cleared several times. After the initial creation the programmer will not be used for execution of any kind.

Regards,

Thomas

Release ma3 1.8.8.2 - Delay and Fade now using recipes · Toom3000/ma3_Magic_ColorGrid
    This release is for ma3 version 1.8.8.2 Fixes: Fixed image storage number behaviour. This issue used to break the image copying process and therefore the…
    github.com
  • Happy New Year 2024,

as it seems that I only got the time in between christmas and new years eve I have a new release of the magic color grid. This release fixes some issues with 1.9.7.0 as well as introduces a new feature called color flip. By hitting the color flip button the grid is able to flip between the last and current color setup. I found this to be very useful in live sets. Hopefully you will have fun using the grid and the new feature.

Regards,

Thomas

Release ma3 1.9.7.0 - ColorFlip with Sequence · Toom3000/ma3_Magic_ColorGrid
    The colorflip feature has been enhanced by a sequence which is able to trigger the colorflip automatically. For convenience this is also assigned to executors…
    github.com

Edited once, last by Toom: Update in v1.2.1: I have added a sequence to trigger the colorflip automatically. This includes a rate master as well as assignment of the seq to the x keys. (January 7, 2024 at 10:21 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!