Unable to Shutdown

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • This has happened to me a couple of times and I'm unsure the right way around it.

On both occasions I ended up with a onPC window open that I can't Quit. If I press the Windows Red X or Alt+F4 the command line says OK:Shutdown but nothing happens. If I press the Power button on the control bar the command line shows OK:Shutdown /NoAutoClose but again nothing happens. If I open the Task Manager and end the root process onPC quits and restarts in the same state. If I End the Display Process the the application briefly goes "Not Responding" then comes back as it was.

I tried ReloadUI, Shutdown and Restart but none of them allow me to successfully shutdown the console.

I was able to use ProcessExplorer from Sysinternals to Kill app_system.exe or restarting the computer also works.

Edit: I noticed once in this state, even if I'm able to close the application using ProcessExplorer If I open another instance I continue to run into the issue until I reboot the machine.

Edited once, last by hoss: More info (November 2, 2020 at 9:54 PM).

• So This has happened a number of times but this if the first time I noticed the error in the System Monitor

I can still ping localhost so the stack seems to be up.

As above killing the application causes it to just restart.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!