BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi all,

I would like to start to learn grandMA3 software.

I don't know exactly what's the basic hw+sw configuration.
    For example regarding the dmx interface I don't know if the onPC 2 Port Node 2k is enough to run the software and having a dmx output.

What's the best hw platform? Windows or MacOS? Does it work the touch onPC on MacOS and sidecar?

Also I'd like to know what's the best place to watch video courses. I've found many french tutorials on Youtube but I prefer the english ones. Unfortunately there aren't so many grandMA 3 english courses except the ones created by Fiets.de.
    If I buy the onPC 2 Port Node 2k from Thomann am I eligible for the MA University?

Thanks for your answers.

best regards,
    Gabriele

Edited once, last by gabrielefx (October 19, 2020 at 8:21 AM).

• Oh, You will find what You need! I had similar 'problems' and was member of one of Fiets coachings and I would suggest to book one for You! He is doing very good webinars for affordable prices! Not even videos on YT!

And You will be 'eligable' for the MA University even if You haven't bought any MA-thing. Just register on the Homepage and You can learn a lot! I and many others did it!

And search for my threads if You want to know what kind of hradware could be the best for Your MA3 onPC Solution. I spent a lot of time to research and decide what kind of PC I should take. A small hint at this time: Bigger is better! MA3 Software is hungry in rather everything! ;)

And maybe You watch some of the Christian Jackson Videos. Two are about MA3 and they are really good - but one is very long...

But he tells a lot about MA2 that you can 'adapt' to MA3 as well!

RUN DMX! With my MA3-Wing, Vizkey, and 2K onPC-Node. :)

• And You will be 'eligable' for the MA University even if You haven't bought any MA-thing. Just register on the Homepage and You can learn a lot! I and many others did it!

Hi, I don't think so. I have to contact my local distributor, there is no registration page.
    I was able to register on the Actlighting and I watched the "Prerequisite" course. Very interesting stuff.

Jumping from the various youtube tutorials I see the onPC 3 software is very complex and structured, not all aspects are explained in depth. Because the modularity and the flexible architecture there are infinite modes to do things in grandMA, each user uses a different approach.

I think I will buy the fiets courses to understand more.

regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!