Bug or feature - Defaults can't be overwritten by Temp-Fader?

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I have a problem wth default attributes in fixture-files.

For a better understanding here is an example:

- The default attribute of the zoom channel of my example head is 50%.

- now I store 100% of the zoom channel on an exector-fader.

- I change the fader to a temp-fader

- The result I WANT to have is a fader that is changing the zoom of my lamp from 0% to 100% (as long as it is active)

- the result I HAVE in real is, that the fader is starting at zero with 50% of zoom and ending at 100 (or 60mm as it is a 60mm Fader) with 100% of zoom.

- What might be or what i would have accepted due to worng settings is that the fader is without action from 0 to 50 and then from 50 to 100 with 50% to 100% of zoom. But it isn't.

- And to be sure: When i change the default to 10%, than the executor fader works between 10% and 100% if i raise it from min to max.

- somebody told me, that i have to store a sequence with zoom of 0% at the first step and zoom of 100% at the second step and then I 'crossfade' between step 1 and 2 - Yes, that works. But that's not how it works on MA2 (as a 'freak' in MA2 told me). There on MA2 it works as expected with a temp fader.

So is this behaviour a bug or a feature? Or is there another fast way to get the result I want (Except putting all defaults to zero)?

Thanks for help!

RUN DMX! With my MA3-Wing, Vizkey, and 2K onPC-Node. :)

• That’s definitely not how it works on MA2 and nor should it.
    A temp fader is gradually fading in your values. Your value is 100% so the temp will take the fixture from ‘whatever it is doing’ to 100 % zoom.

So yes you need something to tell it to be 0% first.

Edited once, last by Clintos (October 18, 2020 at 4:06 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!