BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I think having Selection 1 and 2 is an excellent idea.

but I also suggest that maybe better that the selection grid or fixture sheet (I don't know how it can be done) can show the both selection at the same time! so it is clear when copying value and copy selection.

Edited once, last by hui123 (October 8, 2020 at 3:45 PM).

• Just to check, did you read the "Multiple Selections" section of the v1.2 Release Notes?

• {Copy Selection} copies the fixture selection and arrangement from your currently-selected (a.k.a. "active") Selection to the other Selection.
    • {Copy Values} clones the values of your currently-selected (a.k.a. "active") Selection to the other Selection.

In combination with the Shuffle and Shift MAtricks properties, these buttons can do the equivalents of MA2's "Shuffle Values" and "Circular Copy" functions. But your two Selections don't have to be the same fixtures in a different order..

• 9 fixtures in the rig.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

select fixture 1 + 2 +3 linearly at 10 Thru 100.

then.......

fixture 1 at 10%

fixture 2 at 55%

fixture 3 at 100%

these are all active values.

now, I select fixture 7+ 8+ 9, then PRESS COPY VALUES in the MAtricks window.

fixture 7, 8, 9 now all at 10%

why?? isn't that 7 will be 10%, 8 at 55% 9 at 100%?

• I think having Selection 1 and 2 is an excellent idea.

but I also suggest that maybe better that the selection grid or fixture sheet (I don't know how it can be done) can show the both selection at the same time! so it is clear when copying value and copy selection.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!