3.0.0.5 Crash, really strange

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I've been struggling with my OnPC 3.0.0.5 crashing for the past few days. It's only when, while in a fixture sheet, I try to change how it is displayed by clicking on the "Readout" tab it crashes. Without fail. Every time. I actually feel bad for my computer for testing it so many times.
    I thought maybe I had a corrupt show file, nope.
    I thought maybe it had to do something with BOME midi translator, nope.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled OnPC and 3D, nope.
    Then it started working. I couldn't figure it out. After it working and crashing again and again... something clicked. It's only when I click the tab when it's on a certain monitor. I have two ELO touchscreen monitors in addition to my laptop. It only crashes when I click that specific tab on that specific monitor. I can click it on one monitor and it's fine, but if I then drag that window to the other monitor and click the same tab....Crash.
    This is beyond me. I don't get it. I'm trying not to believe that my computer is thinking for itself and is enjoying my frustration, but that's the only thing I can think of.
    Thoughts?

• I do have Admin rights.
    I haven't solved the problem, I have just avoided it. I just don't hit the questionable tabs on that specific monitor. I still don't feel good about it, but I'm surviving for now.

• I would try to do a windows system restore first, back to a date were it was working. And maybe reinstall the software. Don't forget to delete the hidden MA folder in C:Programdata.
    Then check your touch screen drivers.
    I don't believe it has something to do with the MA software I suppose it's a Windows setting causing this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!