BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Updated to 1.3 today, but the pan tilt encoders are still totally offside after patch.
    Also updated a CommandWing XT. It would not take the onPC update files from the update menu, so I made an ordinary Windows onPC install. How do I change autostart to run the new software instead of 1.2?

• Hi Pyroaxel,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The autostart is based off the version you last manually opened (which in your case in v1.2). To change this do the following:

1. Reboot the command wing XT

2. When you are at the launcher cancel the autostart process (you get 10 seconds to cancel). Wait for the auto-update/reboot.

3. Choose the v1.3 program link that you see in your launcher.

4. This will open v1.3

5. The next time you start your command wing XT you should see the autostart open v1.3

Curious about the update files: Did you put the "release_onPC_windows_1.3.1.3.xml" file in the same folder as the .exe file?

Also, regarding your Pan/Tilt encoders, you meant they're not next to each other anymore?

-Will :)

• Hi Pyroaxel,

Thanks for the reply.

My next idea is maybe your two files were not in an "ma" folder. When you extract the 'grandMA3_onPC_win_v1.3.1.3.zip' file, it should have created an 'ma' folder on the root of your USB stick. Inside that 'ma' folder you should see:

* grandMA3_onPC_v1.3.1.3.exe

* release_onPC_windows_1.3.1.3.xml

Next like here:

1. Navigate to [Menu] -> {settings} -> {Software Update}
    2. Tap {Choose update file} on the bottom right
    3. Choose your USB stick on the top right
    4. Then you should see the file choice: "release_onPC_windows_1.3.1.3.xml"
    5. Select it
    6. When the pop-up closes choose your onPC computer from the list
    7. Then tap {Update Devices} on the bottom left

I tested it here now and didn't run in to any troubles.

p.s. The problem with the encoders is known and hopefully something that can be fixed sooner rather than later.

Have a nice evening.

-Will

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!