I have a showfile I use for several different halls. Some of these halls have specific houselights that I would not want to patch again everytime, but the dmx footprints overlap. Is there a way to copy the patch of say Universe 1 to universe 51 to 'store' it? So that later I can copy it back again when I am in that vanue again and have everything work...
Is there a way to copy the patch of one universe to another?
BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
Hi, just need to open the DMX universe pool, "move" the 'house light' universe to any empty universe slot will do.
Until PSR here is a workaround using stages.
- Patch the house lights you want to keep into a Stage and save the patch.
- Back in the patch window Stages button on the left
- Select the stage to that you want to save then click on export
- Choose a name and location to export to
This saves an xml into the grandMA3\shared\resource\lib_stage of the selected destination
Then to import back.
- First make sure you have the Fixture types imported into (patch one of each fixture and delete for example)
- Select Stages
- Select the Stage you want to import into. You can import into a populated stage but items will be overwritten (by FID I think) also any duplicate address will be overwritten.
- Click Import, select the source and file that you saved.
Cool, thanks for the answers.
I think the moving universes within the universe pool will work for me for know. I already have the seperate stages setup, but that is mainly so I could make a crude 3d version of the different halls
Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!