I have a showfile I use for several different halls. Some of these halls have specific houselights that I would not want to patch again everytime, but the dmx footprints overlap. Is there a way to copy the patch of say Universe 1 to universe 51 to 'store' it? So that later I can copy it back again when I am in that vanue again and have everything work...
Hi, just need to open the DMX universe pool, "move" the 'house light' universe to any empty universe slot will do.
Until PSR here is a workaround using stages.
- Patch the house lights you want to keep into a Stage and save the patch.
- Back in the patch window Stages button on the left
- Select the stage to that you want to save then click on export
- Choose a name and location to export to
This saves an xml into the grandMA3\shared\resource\lib_stage of the selected destination
Then to import back.
- First make sure you have the Fixture types imported into (patch one of each fixture and delete for example)
- Select Stages
- Select the Stage you want to import into. You can import into a populated stage but items will be overwritten (by FID I think) also any duplicate address will be overwritten.
- Click Import, select the source and file that you saved.
Cool, thanks for the answers.
I think the moving universes within the universe pool will work for me for know. I already have the seperate stages setup, but that is mainly so I could make a crude 3d version of the different halls